Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Phoebe girl


My little Phoebe girl passed away in the begining of September. I miss her so much. I know it sounds silly that I miss a dog so much but sitting here writing this over two months later I have tears running down my face. My parents bought her for me when I moved  into my house in Kuna back in 2005. She was such a good dog and my little friend. She loved to go everywhere with me and LOVED to snuggle with her mamma. She certainly had an attitude which made her quite the character. She could always sense when I was sad and would come and give me kisses all over my face, she could always tell when I needed some loves and kisses.

At the end of August she hurt her back and actually ruptured a disc. She basically lost all control of her back end. I didn't know what to do. I rushed her to the vet in Rexburg and the vet suggested either surgery or steroid injections to see if  reduced swelling would help. She stayed there for a couple days and I visited her twice a day to make sure she knew I wasn't just leaving her. She seemed so sad and it broke my heart. Her back wasn't getting any better and in fact the friday night before she died my mom showed up at my house because the vet had called her to let her know she wasn't doing well. We rushed back to pick her up so she didn't have to spend the weekend there and be sad all weekend. The next morning we took her to a different vet to see if he could help and he again suggested surgery from a doc over in Sun Valley, Dr. Acker. Chad and I left straight from there and they did the surgery that day. The surgeon was great. He kept saying there would be a 50/50 chance that she would regain movement within 6 weeks. We went and picked her up the next day and I had hopes that she would get better. Well, she had other plans and just kept getting worse. She started to not drink or eat and I was up with her the majority of the night because she just didn't feel well and I am sure it scared the crap out of her to wake up and not be able to understand why she couldn't move. Poor thing, she just seemed like she didn't want to do it anymore. She became so dehydrated that my mom took her to her vet in Idaho Falls to help her with her. She died the next morning. After I got the call I drove down to pick her up and my dad buried her at their house. I am glad she is there. She loved exploring things at there house. My family always says that doggie heaven looks like my parents house so it is appropriate that she was blessed enough to be there with all the other dogs my family has loved.




How sweet is this face?


I used to let her sleep with me and she would sleep like a human, it was super cute. She loved to snuggle with me. It was her favorite. :)




She like to camp but she would get cold so here she is in her little hoody that she would wear.

When she would get cold she would love to get into my coat and stick her cold nose in my armpit or into the sleeve. She was a little heater so I have to admit it was quite nice. :)

I LOVE This picture of her. She loved to either sit right there with a blanket in my car or on my lap. She would sit there for a while and then come and give me a kiss and lay back down. I miss that so much.







This cute necklace was made by my sister Heather. I looked so pretty on her black hair. Thanks Heather, I got a ton of compliments on how pretty it was on her.


Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make sure I didn't forget what happened. I also have to say that my family and Chad's family was so sweet and supportive. I appreciate you guys so much for helping me feel better. You are all the greatest!!!

Love you my baby girl and miss you everyday...

2 comments:

HEATHER and JON said...

How sad Erin. I am so sorry you had to go through this. I felt like Wagner was to young to go at 12 years old and Phoebe was only 6. I feel your pain and it sucks. It does get better though and she will always be with you. I know it! What a sweetie!

I love you so much!

Kate and Cole said...

She's so sweet. She loved you so much.